Exhibitor InformationGet connected. Get results.
The SD Ag Expo is the largest, indoor agribusiness trade show in the region, with over 1,300 attendees! Ag Expo is held each year at the Convention Center at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. This facility is a modern facility with a 33,200 square foot exhibit hall with 25' ceilings, and connects to the 243-room Sheraton Hotel. It is conveniently located near I-29 and I-90, less than one mile away from the Joe Foss Field, the state's largest airport.
SD Ag Expo is a great way to gain exposure for your company! Take advantage of this opportunity to connect with hundreds of potential customers in one spot.
The audience for this trade show consists of decision makers, managers, and employees of agribusinesses such as cooperatives, elevators, and those businesses engaged in:
- retail sales of fertilizer, agriculture chemicals, and seed
- buying, selling, brokering, warehousing and processing grains, feeds, seeds or related products
- producers of fertilizer, agriculture chemicals and/or seed
- suppliers, wholesalers, brokers and equipment manufacturers
How to get started
- Make sure you are on our mailing list--become a member for advanced information. Otherwise please send your contact information to us via email.
- Watch for a packet in the mail in September.
- If you missed the mailing, everything you need to know can be found on these web pages.
- 2023 Cover Letter
- 2023 Sponsorship Form
- 2023 Cornhole Tournament
- Space Contract Information:
- 2023 Exhibitor Brochure (pdf)
- Exhibit Space Contract (pdf)
- Space Options & Costs
- Know the Rules
- Character of Exhibits
- Organized Company Functions during Expo Hours Prohibited
- Food and beverages
- After your space has been assigned:
- Exhibitor Checklist
- Space Map with Exhibitors
- Set Up and Tear Down Information and Schedule
- Cornhole Tournament
- Ag Tech Innovation Showcase
- Sponsorship Form
- Electricity/Furniture Information
- Where to Ship your Booth
- Registration and Hotel
- Register your booth attendants online here, or printable form here; or register on-site at Ag Expo.
- Reserve hotel rooms
- Getting People to Your Booth
- Order beverage tickets online for the Wednesday evening social to hand out to customers and prospects
- Participate in the Agronomy and /or Applicator Olympics - printable information sheet
- Become a sponsor
- Need to schedule a meeting with a client on-site? We have several meeting rooms you can reserve on site.
- Participate in our silent auction to raise money for the Tomorrow's Ag Leaders program
- When you get to the Convention Center
- Check out who else will be there: 2023 Exhibitor Directory
$400 Members, $900 Non-Members
No furniture provided, draped in black. Floor is carpeted only in booths behind the ballroom.
All booth attendants must be registered and pay the registration fee. No complimentary registrations are provided.
Large Equipment Bulk Space
$3.20/sq ft Members, $3.20/sq ft + $500 Non-Members
These spaces are available in 30' wide or 20' wide. See map for details on dimensions.
All booth attendants must be registered and pay the registration fee. No complimentary registrations are provided.
$300 Members, $800 Non-Members
Roaming exhibitors do not have a booth but may solicit business at Ag Expo. Companies registered as roaming exhibitors ahead of time will be listed in the program. If you company has one person as a roaming exhibitor, additional people with your company can register and pay the regular registration fee ($40/$50)
How is space assigned?
Assignments of the location of all exhibits will be made using the following guidelines:
- All exhibitors will be assigned on a first come first served basis except Platinum sponsors who will receive first priority if the contract is returned by the deadline.
- Locations requested by new exhibitors or those requesting additional space will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- SDABA reserves the right to make reasonable shifts in location of an exhibit so that competitors are spaced apart, and for the betterment of Ag Expo.
- Exhibit space will not be assigned until payment is received.
Full payment is due with the contract. NO SPACE WILL BE RESERVED WITHOUT THE CONTRACT AND THE PAYMENT. Cancelations received on or before November 15 may receive 50% refund. There are no refunds on cancelations after that date.
Furniture, Electricity, Carpet
Booths do not contain furniture, carpeting, or electricity.
- Furniture and electricity can be ordered from the convention center, a form is provided each year in the exhibitor packet and on-line with the exhibitor forms. NO CARPET WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THE CONVENTION CENTER THIS YEAR.
- All booths are draped in black.
- You don't have to order furniture through the convention center, you may provide your own.
- The convention center offers free internet.
Booths may be shipped to the Convention Center. Please mark that they are for Ag Expo and include your company name and booth number.
Address all shipments of exhibits to:
Sioux Falls Convention Center
Ag Expo - Your Company Name
1101 N West Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Call event services at the Convention Center with questions: 605/367-4167.
While security is provided during Ag Expo, it is expressly understood and agreed between the exhibitors and the South Dakota Agri-Business Association, it's officers, directors, and employees, that the aforementioned Association will not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, goods or property of exhibitors or exhibitor's employees and each exhibitor upon signing the exhibit contract, expressly releases the parties of the Association from and agrees to indemnify them against all claims. Exhibitors are advised to remove any valuables from their booth when leaving their exhibit space for an extended period of time or overnight.
Any damage to the building or property of the Sioux Falls Convention Center, due to carelessness of the exhibitor or the exhibitor's employees shall be paid by the exhibitor.
Character of Exhibits and Restrictions
The Ag Expo Committee reserves the right to reject or prohibit any exhibit which is not suitable and in keeping with the characteristics of Ag Expo (including persons, things, printed matter, souvenirs, catalogs and conduct). The Committee also reserved the right to remove any exhibit, which because of noise or other reasons, becomes objectionable.
Exhibitors shall limit their exhibits to products manufactured or distributed in the regular course of their business. Exhibitors may not permit any representative of a firm not under contract as an exhibitor to solicit business from their assigned space.
Exhibitors are not permitted to bring food or beverage products into the Convention Center without the express written consent of the Convention Center.
Gas and diesel equipment cannot be run during the show. All equipment must have silicone and paint work completed before entering Expo Hall. Spraying these substances inside the hall is not allowed.
Organized Company Functions
Organized company functions, such as sales meetings, socials and hospitality rooms, are not allowed during any Ag Expo scheduled event. Scheduled Ag Expo events will be held as follows: Tuesday, from 4:00 to 6:00 PM; Wednesday, from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM; and Thursday, from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
What is an Exhibitor?
The SDABA hosts the Ag Expo as a convenience for companies wishing to solicit business. Every individual or firm that engages in solicitation or recruiting during Ag Expo must register as an exhibitor and pay an exhibitor fee.
Solicitation and recruiting are defined as conducting any of the following activities anywhere on the conference hotel property, lobby, hallways, and meeting rooms or in the exhibit hall:
- Distributing literature, brochures, corporate name/logo items or electronic media promoting a company, or its products or services.
- Wearing or carrying any button, badge or sign promoting a company, or its products or services (logo apparel is normally acceptable but the Ag Expo Committee reserves the right to determine acceptability)Verbally prospecting for buyers of a company's products or services;
- Verbally making a sales pitch or proposal that promotes a company, its products or services.
Food and Beverages
All food and beverage must be ordered through the Sioux Falls Convention Center. No food or beverage will be permitted into the Sioux Falls Convention Center by any exhibitor, show decorators or any other vendors hired by the exhibiting company without prior approval and written authorization of the food and beverage department.
Items such as candy bars and bottled water must be purchased from the food and beverage department. A hard candy dish provided complimentary by an exhibitor at their booth may be exempt, as long as the candy is bite sized, individually wrapped in portions of one ounce or less and manufactured in a licensed commercial facility. Contact the sales office at the Convention Center at 605/367-4167.
Set Up and Tear Down
All exhibits MUST be in place by Tuesday evening, as the show starts promptly at 8:30 AM Wednesday.
No exhibitor may remove an exhibit, in whole or part, before 12:00 PM on Thursday, and everything must be removed by 5:00 PM. Early removal will result in loss of location priority during the next Ag Expo.
Large Equipment Move-In
Monday between 9 AM and 3 PM.
All Other Booths
Installation of 10x10 exhibits is Tuesday between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
Power washers will be provided free of charge inside the rear entrance doors in the truck wash bay for large equipment on Monday.
A forklift will be provided free of charge on Monday and Tuesday for move-in and Thursday for move out.
On-site Support and Amenities
The convention center exhibitor services is available during set up hours Monday and Tuesday for furniture and set up, and during the whole show as needed.
An exhibitor lounge with coffee and water is available for exhibitors to take a break.
Small meeting rooms are available for meetings between exhibitors and clients/potential clients. Reserve them ahead of time by signing up outside the room.
Ag Expo exhibitors are invited to join us for a reception to be held Tuesday evening from 4 PM to 6 PM in the exhibit hall. Free beer and munchies!!
Promote Your Booth
Take opportunities to inform your customers and prospects about your products and services. Here are a couple of things you can do to draw traffic to your location regardless of where you are on the show floor:
- Do targeted pre-show marketing letting your customers know you will be there and what they can learn and do at your booth-include a map with your space highlighted
- Use social media like Twitter and Facebook to announce demonstrations and events in your booth
Become a Sponsor
Grab the attention of Ag Expo attendees with a sponsorship. Don't miss out on reaching your target prospects. Sponsors are listed on the program brochure, as well as the website. Platinum sponsors are displayed prominently around the Ag Expo and on the website. Click here for the sponsor form.
Participate in the Olympics
The Agronomy and Applicator Olympic Challenge is held on Wednesday, the first day of Ag Expo, as well as for students attending Student Career Day on Thursday. You can participate by offering questions for teams to answer at your booth. Find the form and information here (check back).
Send three to five questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: SDABA, 320 E. Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501 by the deadline (see the exhibitor checklist page).
All questions must be multiple choice, with answers provided. Agronomy Olympics questions need to be agronomic in nature and may be product specific; Applicator Olympics questions need to be application related and may be product specific.
Plant samples, seed samples and pictures are encouraged, but multiple choice answers must also be provided.
Make the Most out of Beverage Tickets
The social is held Wednesday evening, and provides an excellent opportunity for exhibitors to mingle with clients in a relaxed setting. The social lasts a couple hours and includes food, beverages and entertainment. Beverage tickets are available to purchase ahead of time, and during the social, to hand out to clients. Include a beverage ticket with your business card! Click here to order (available November 4).
There will also be a bar area accepting beverage tickets inside exhibit hall, offering adult beverages in the afternoon. This means potential clients won't be leaving the showroom!